Wednesday, October 5, 2016

July 15, 2015

Saying goodbye to our new friends
The people of Miraluz gave us parting gifts to remember them by
Today was our last day in Miraluz :-(  We finished as much as we could of the final touches and then we had a closing/goodbye celebration.  I completely did not expect to get as emotional as I did because of how short a time we spent there.  But I did - I guess that just means that the community stole my heart with their kind and generous hospitality.  I feel so very grateful that I was given this opportunity because it has completely solidified that I feel called to something in this capacity.  It was completely needed and I will continue to be thankful for this opportunity.  After lunch, we headed out to the Masaya Volcano.  It was gorgeous!  Being able to walk right up to the mouth of an active volcano is pretty thrilling.  And of course, who could ever get sick of a gorgeous 360° view.  I also managed to get a decent hike in.  I might have considered going further if it wasn't for the fact that my back hurt.  But I still got some great pictures nonetheless (at least I hope so).  We had another delicious dinner (fish!) and after that we sat around the campfire singing songs and talking about our experiences and what we will take away from this trip.  I know that my life has been changed from helping the people of Miraluz and will always remember this trip :-)
Our group standing at the mouth.  We could only stand there for 5 minutes.
The mouth of Masaya Volcano!
Enjoying the view!


No comments: